Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys -

iPhone 6/iOS 8 - does anyone know if USB music playback with third party apps on the iPhone is working correctly with uConnect 8.4? For example, I plug the USB in, then try Spotify or Pandora, or Google Music - does the playback and controls work as expected (especially steering wheel controls?)

Not via Bluetooth, but USB?

Thanks!

·
Registered
317 Posts
USB would work from the primary music source, I think the other way it may work is if you did a aux in from the headphone port... but since u have bluetooth as well, it should make it an easier option, I think... again i'm not sure if it uses the iTunes media to load, since it is a glorified iPod, or if it DOES allow 3rd party support...

Sorry if I'm not helpful.

·
Registered
34 Posts
After upgrading to iOS 8 on my iphone 5, usb playback got a little flaky through the uconnect 8.4an system in my car. It still worked, but with voice commands or input from the touch screen it seemed to have trouble. I'm guessing it's a compatibility issue with the new iOS. I wasn't using any 3rd party apps, just playing music from itunes.

·
Banned
2 Posts
A tool called DRmare Spotify Songs Converter can be effective. I use it to download Spotify music and save them in USB. I got the tool on the DRmare website.

·
Registered
818 Posts
A tool called DRmare Spotify Songs Converter can be effective. I use it to download Spotify music and save them in USB. I got the tool on the DRmare website.
I see they also have a converter for Tidal downloads. Thanks for the tip.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts