Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Experienced an interesting/annoying glitch with the Uconnect 8.4 Nav system earlier this week.

Headed westbound through the tunnel on I-76 (PA turnpike) and suddenly noticed that instead of displaying the nav screen, the Uconnect was showing the back-up cam view! It was a very cool shot with the tunnel roof lights converging back into the distance. Wish I could have captured it! No sooner did I say to my wife, "Hey, look at that!, and it went back to the nav screen, so it must only have been showing the camera view for a few seconds.

I didn't think any more about it, until after stopping at the Somerset Service Plaza, where ignition was off-on, off-on, off-on, three times, as we moved around for rest break and fuel. No sooner did I get back on the highway and the nav started squawking, "Off route." From then on it kept showing a position several miles off the actual location. A couple hours later, at our next rest stop in Ohio, after another ignition off-on, it still wasn't working properly. I finally rebooted the Uconnect, which fortunately fixed it.

All I can figure is that the loss of GPS signal in the tunnel triggered a software glitch. I've experienced only one other instance of the system losing track the true position, but that was three years ago, and the firmware has been updated twice since then I think.

Good thing I knew how to do a reset - since it seems it wasn't going to fix itself and no longer under warranty.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Experienced an interesting/annoying glitch with the Uconnect 8.4 Nav system earlier this week.

Headed westbound through the tunnel on I-76 (PA turnpike) and suddenly noticed that instead of displaying the nav screen, the Uconnect was showing the back-up cam view! It was a very cool shot with the tunnel roof lights converging back into the distance. Wish I could have captured it! No sooner did I say to my wife, "Hey, look at that!, and it went back to the nav screen, so it must only have been showing the camera view for a few seconds.

I didn't think any more about it, until after stopping at the Somerset Service Plaza, where ignition was off-on, off-on, off-on, three times, as we moved around for rest break and fuel. No sooner did I get back on the highway and the nav started squawking, "Off route." From then on it kept showing a position several miles off the actual location. A couple hours later, at our next rest stop in Ohio, after another ignition off-on, it still wasn't working properly. I finally rebooted the Uconnect, which fortunately fixed it.

All I can figure is that the loss of GPS signal in the tunnel triggered a software glitch. I've experienced only one other instance of the system losing track the true position, but that was three years ago, and the firmware has been updated twice since then I think.

Good thing I knew how to do a reset - since it seems it wasn't going to fix itself and no longer under warranty.
Interesting, did you have just the NAV map up or was it giving you directions to your destination before going through tunnel?

Please remind us how to reboot the UConnect, been a while for me and I'm betting other people whom just bought the car don't know either.

Thanks!

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting, did you have just the NAV map up or was it giving you directions to your destination before going through tunnel?

Please remind us how to reboot the UConnect, been a while for me and I'm betting other people whom just bought the car don't know either.
Nav was providing route guidance.

Here (for the third time :cool:) I'll post summary of Uconnect reset/service procedures.

(If the search feature :rolleyes: on this forum actually worked well, I could just tell you to search ;), but since sadly it never does - at least not for me, I had to scroll through my own post history to find this again.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts