Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 200C AWD. The outside temp is not updating correctly and the nav system (8.4AN) gets lost at times and doesn't recalculate routes correctly. My suspicion is that the bugs are tied to the software package. The software version that came with the car is 14.10.3. Is anyone else having any oddball occurrences ....such as a jittery rear camera, slow bluetooth connections, etc. Our 2014 Grand Cherokee had some similar issues early on but is up to software version 14.25.5 with the same 8.4AN and operates smooth as silk. I know where to easily get the Jeep software (through Jeep Garage Forum). Does anyone know any websites dedicated to Chrysler that offer the same service. My vehicle isn't listed on the uconnect website yet and my dealer is brain dead.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have a 2015 200C AWD. The outside temp is not updating correctly and the nav system (8.4AN) gets lost at times and doesn't recalculate routes correctly. My suspicion is that the bugs are tied to the software package. The software version that came with the car is 14.10.3. Is anyone else having any oddball occurrences ....such as a jittery rear camera, slow bluetooth connections, etc. Our 2014 Grand Cherokee had some similar issues early on but is up to software version 14.25.5 with the same 8.4AN and operates smooth as silk. I know where to easily get the Jeep software (through Jeep Garage Forum). Does anyone know any websites dedicated to Chrysler that offer the same service. My vehicle isn't listed on the uconnect website yet and my dealer is brain dead.
Check the software update on the lower left corner http://www.driveuconnect.com/
But I always got an error page. Maybe they are maintaining the website.
JoeK,

Congratulations on your new 200C! How are you liking it?
As your vehicle is so new, the vehicle is likely equipped with the latest and greatest for software however flash updates are always being released for these systems.

michael,

Due to some programming glitches, the system is not accepting some VINs and a fix is in the works with an ETA of the first week of September.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I also have the jittery camera when reversing.. Haven't brought it in yet but showed one of the guys the dealership briefly when I was last there. Keep us posted if you find anything out about an update!

·
Registered
153 Posts
This is where i've been getting my updates from....has firmware and gracenote updates.

http://navrepair.com/pages/downloads
I tried the update from there. The uconnect recognized it as a new version 14.25.5. I ran the update and the unit came back up. All the major functions seem to work.
It seems like it's taking it's time to lock onto the 3G and Navigation was stuck at activating (I have an AN unit). Also it uses the older Chrysler background. Wonder if anyone knows where I can get the original 14.10.3 firmware so I can flash back. Or am I kinda screwed waiting for them to actually release an update for our units.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Also something else. I found a picture I took of my version before the update. My version was 14.10.4, not 14.10.3 like the OP.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do a factory reset. That should bring it back to the original 'shipped' version....or take a real gamble and bring it to the dealer... I have 14.10.3 and our Jeep has 14.25.5. The 14.25.5 is much more responsive and eliminated the camera jitters.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I tried the update from there. The uconnect recognized it as a new version 14.25.5. I ran the update and the unit came back up. All the major functions seem to work.
It seems like it's taking it's time to lock onto the 3G and Navigation was stuck at activating (I have an AN unit). Also it uses the older Chrysler background. Wonder if anyone knows where I can get the original 14.10.3 firmware so I can flash back. Or am I kinda screwed waiting for them to actually release an update for our units.

Do a factory reset. That should bring it back to the original 'shipped' version....or take a real gamble and bring it to the dealer... I have 14.10.3 and our Jeep has 14.25.5. The 14.25.5 is much more responsive and eliminated the camera jitters. It also can take up to 24 hours for all functions to settle in when you update. Various modules communicate with other modules and may seem somewhat slow when you first do the update.

·
Registered
153 Posts

Do a factory reset. That should bring it back to the original 'shipped' version....or take a real gamble and bring it to the dealer... I have 14.10.3 and our Jeep has 14.25.5. The 14.25.5 is much more responsive and eliminated the camera jitters. It also can take up to 24 hours for all functions to settle in when you update. Various modules communicate with other modules and may seem somewhat slow when you first do the update.
I did the factory reset in the service menu all that did was clear out all the settings, but it was still on the newer firmware. After the factory reset my Navigation button went away completely.

BTW Here is what I found. 14.25.5 is the newest for MY14 vehicles. There is a 14.32.3 for MY15 vehicles (I got this looking up vin's from 2015 Cherokee's and Grand Cherokees). It won't let me run that firmware now since my head unit now shows up as a MY14. I found where to disable the Year check in the update image but if you can't sign the ISO the head unit won't take the update at all.

The 14.32.3 firmware does have files for the Chrysler 200 in it where the 14.25.5 doesn't.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I did the factory reset in the service menu all that did was clear out all the settings, but it was still on the newer firmware. After the factory reset my Navigation button went away completely.

BTW Here is what I found. 14.25.5 is the newest for MY14 vehicles. There is a 14.32.3 for MY15 vehicles (I got this looking up vin's from 2015 Cherokee's and Grand Cherokees). It won't let me run that firmware now since my head unit now shows up as a MY14. I found where to disable the Year check in the update image but if you can't sign the ISO the head unit won't take the update at all.

The 14.32.3 firmware does have files for the Chrysler 200 in it where the 14.25.5 doesn't.
Then your only option may be the dealer....your nav button should return....

·
Registered
153 Posts
Found it by punching in 2015 Cherokee and Grand Cherokee vins into the driveUconnect site.
The download has MY15 in front of the file name.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I just got a call back from the dealer. I took it in this morning. They're ordering a new radio.

·
Registered
153 Posts
.....wow...ordering a new radio because of the update?
Problem is that the MY14 firmwares don't have any code to verify if you have the correct Model Year before they run the updates. The MY15 software does do the check. Unfortunately running the MY14 firmware on your MY15 head unit makes the head unit think it's MY14 and therefore won't run MY15 updates. I thought they would have hardware to force flash firmware but it appears they don't.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Ok guys do not try and update your radio with other vehicle software updates. Every vehicle platform has a different radio and different software versions that are compatible with that vehicle platform. If you update you 15 200 with grand cherokee software you're screwed. Dealers should know this. Then you will be held responsible for downloading a non-compatible software and installing it (which voids warranty)

also as for the u connect website it does not recognize 2015 model year vin's yet because they aren't in the system yet

also if a dealer can't figure out how to find the appropriate software from their WiTech please call Chrysler before they go and order a new radio. I just had a friend with a grand cherokee with some 13.XX.XX software with Bluetooth connectivity issue go to the dealer. they said there was no software update and they were going to order a new radio. This was a failure by the service people at the dealer. I told him about the u connect website and it told him there was a 14.XX.XX software available and downloaded it, placed on a usb stick and now his Bluetooth works. Always double check with the service manager or another dealer if you get conflicting info

As of today for North America radios with nav the software version is 14.10.4.

The complaints about jittery camera would be due to pix-elation on speed. These are like web cams camera's so if you back up too fast you may see distortion in the display. Navigation updates will come as maps are updated. I travel all the time in my 200 and a lot of new exit and round a bouts are not included in my nav pack. This takes time

Before you listen to someone on this forum please contact Chrysler or the dealer. also there are MY14 / MY14.5 and MY15 software packages. so please don't try to use someone Else's vin to get software for your radio or you will BRICK IT.. Just like Rooting an android phone or Jailbreaking a Apple phone
- MY means Model Year
And yes to the post above MY15 has a check in place that will alert you that the software you bootlegged / borrowed is not compatible with your radio. But Chrysler 200 is not MY15 it's considered MY14.5 so be careful

Hope this saves some people some money and frustration

Reactions: 101Eagle and Bear

·
Registered
133 Posts

14.32.3 is only for the following Model Year 15
Grand Cherokee
Durango (my15 is pilot stage)
Viper
Cherokee
Ram
Challenger
Charger

NOT THE 200

Reactions: donatom3

·
Registered