Chrysler 200 Forum banner
81 - 100 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
As for the previous update I can't download it. Download of the akamai netsession client works then nothing happens. I tried disabling my router's firewall, pc's firewall, pc's antivirus, pop up blocker is disabled also...If anyone can download it (UCONNECT® 8.4A_RA3_14.47.1_MY15) just tell me where you can make it available for download and I'll take it from there.

Thanks.

More than likely..it's your browser...at it was the case when I first updated mine in Sept. FireFox worked while Chrome did not (both on the same Mac).

·
Registered
300 Posts
If you are using chrome, you have to go into the top right, click on the shield to the right of the address bar. This then will then allow you to load "unsafe scripts" and you can download the file.

·
Registered
76 Posts
IE works fine for me. Chrome does not and I don't feel like trying to figure it out even though Raymondo listed steps above.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Since I did this update my camera view is now different.I can now see some of my rear bumper in the lower part of the screen.Has anybody else noticed this?

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
One of the biggest difference I noticed is the SiriusXM channels displaying album arts instead of the channel logo (At least on octane 37). Not for all songs though so I guess their MP3 tags are not all the same but this is a fun improvement. The AUX volume is a new feature also in the Audio parameters section.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Another new thing with the new software is the evic displaying a nice picture of the car with the door or the trunk open when they are open and the engine is running.

·
Super Moderator
2,100 Posts
Another new thing with the new software is the evic displaying a nice picture of the car with the door or the trunk open when they are open and the engine is running.
I know our car should have an update. It is listed when I go on the UConnect web site, however ... we have always seen the picture of the car on the screen between the speedo and tach if any doors, hood or deck lid is open.
Is your's now showing on the 8.4 screen also, or just the center driver's display ?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Too bad though that they still haven't bother to program the EVIC to display the coolant temperature degrees.:(

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
I know our car should have an update. It is listed when I go on the UConnect web site, however ... we have always seen the picture of the car on the screen between the speedo and tach if any doors, hood or deck lid is open.
Is your's now showing on the 8.4 screen also, or just the center driver's display ?
Yes but it was a "cheap" overhead picture of the car. It is now a very nice profile picture of the car. Unless I missed it before, I only noticed it since I have updated my software.

·
Super Moderator
2,100 Posts
Too bad though that they still haven't bother to program the EVIC to display the coolant temperature degrees.:(
Our's does show coolant temp and trans temp.

Yes but it was a "cheap" overhead picture of the car. It is now a very nice profile picture of the car. Unless I missed it before, I only noticed it since I have updated my software.
Always had the profile picture on ours, and the overhead picture too.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Our's does show coolant temp and trans temp.
Does your EVIC coolant temperature show the numerical degrees along with the "gauge" display, as the transmission temp and oil temp display do, or simply a gauge without numerals? I'm pretty sure I checked mine since the recent (UCONNECT® 8.4A_RA3_14.47.1_MY15) upgrade and there is still no numerical readout for the coolant temp.

·
Super Moderator
2,100 Posts
Does your EVIC coolant temperature show the numerical degrees along with the "gauge" display, as the transmission temp and oil temp display do, or simply a gauge without numerals? I'm pretty sure I checked mine since the recent (UCONNECT® 8.4A_RA3_14.47.1_MY15) upgrade and there is still no numerical readout for the coolant temp.
Yes ! All temp readings display both a sweep type gauge and the numerical reading.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Yes ! All temp readings display both a sweep type gauge and the numerical reading.
I checked this morning and it's the oil temperature that does not display a numerical reading. I was wrong about the coolant temperature.:confused: Apparently I was confused about which lacked the degree readout and it was the oil temperature all along, and nothing has changed with the latest UConnect update.

·
Super Moderator
2,100 Posts
I checked this morning and it's the oil temperature that does not display a numerical reading. I was wrong about the coolant temperature.:confused: Apparently I was confused about which lacked the degree readout and it was the oil temperature all along, and nothing has changed with the latest UConnect update.
I will have to look tonight when the wife gets home from work.
I still think all readings showed a numerical reading, and the sweep gauge too.

·
Super Moderator
2,100 Posts
Had a chance to drive the 200 today and look at the readings.
There was not a numerical reading for oil temp, but coolant and trans temp do show numerical readings along with the sweep gauge.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I mentioned the oil guage missing a numerical value with the last update. I'm pretty sure any evic updates have to be done by the dealer. I'm the guy who loaded the wrong 8.4an update before and lost all my nav and uconnect functionality, but at no point was the evic touched. Also my problem was fixed when the last update came out and I loaded it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quick Question for all of you, I have the Charger 2015 with the Uconnect minus the Navigation. My car has the digital instrument panel and there is a music view (I think its option 5 or 6) and when Im connected to Bluetooth it either says BLUETOOTH or BLUETOOTH NOT ON (or something like that) But it shows the song playing via bluetooth on my main screen.......anyone find any way to show the song title on the instrument panel? Seems kind of stupid to have a whole option for music and not show the information thats on the actual uconnect screen

·
Registered
153 Posts
The 200 has the same problem. You only see that it's using Bluetooth but doesn't give you any media details on the evic screen even though you have all the info on the radio screen.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I regret that my first post here regarding my 200S is a bitch-session on FCA...

Has anyone found a reliable, non-Akamai way to download UConnect and map updates?

FCAs out of touch dedication to out of date browsers and download methods isn't very, ah, 'nice'. (other words some to mind).

The gymnastics that FCA makes their customers go through is pretty durned silly.

thanks

81 - 100 of 126 Posts