Chrysler 200 Forum banner
121 - 126 of 126 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
I have noticed several things that now happen after the last update.
A couple of times the radio would not change stations. Within a minute it did change, and since I hit the button several times, it's then changed several stations.
Another thing happened, as we pulled under a drive thru, not only did we lose signal ( expected ) but we lost the entire screen image on both the radio and the main dash. Nothing but a black screen on both until we pulled out from under the roof.
The bluetooth disconnected once. I simply reconnected the phone to the car via the UConnect screen and it is hasn't done that since.

Since I don't drive this car all the time and my wife really doesn't notice small things, I can't say if any other issues have surfaced.
Not a normal behaviour and most likely not related to the firmware unles the update didn't end properly. Uconnect doesn't have any major software related issues Under the 2 or 3 latest versions.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i just had the latest update to the uconnect system (8.4 AN) done by the dealer and my android app also recently updated problem is ever since the dealer updated the system remote start from the uconnect app does not work it never makes the connection and from reviews on google play i am not the only one with this problem since the app was updated in the beginning of Aug 2015. anyone else seeing problems after the software update and app update

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just downloaded the latest update and extracted the iso file to a thumbdrive. When it gets to unit 9 of ll where it updates the sierra wireless card it hangs up at 1% and after 5 minutes it asks me to remove the thumb drive to reset. I remove it, it then it asks me to reinsert the USB drive. I do and it restarts the update process and gets stuck in the same spot and the same reset happens. I am stuck in the water, is there another older version of the software I can try to install?

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
RE download the update, most likely a corrupted file.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2015 200C AWD. The outside temp is not updating correctly and the nav system (8.4AN) gets lost at times and doesn't recalculate routes correctly. My suspicion is that the bugs are tied to the software package. The software version that came with the car is 14.10.3. Is anyone else having any oddball occurrences ....such as a jittery rear camera, slow bluetooth connections, etc. Our 2014 Grand Cherokee had some similar issues early on but is up to software version 14.25.5 with the same 8.4AN and operates smooth as silk. I know where to easily get the Jeep software (through Jeep Garage Forum). Does anyone know any websites dedicated to Chrysler that offer the same service. My vehicle isn't listed on the uconnect website yet and my dealer is brain dead.
Check your dealer as they have "Dealer Only" updates that you will not find by inputting VIN in Uconnect website when checking for updates.

G

·
Super Moderator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
1,156 Posts
This thread is about 7 years old. All of these (and more) concerns were addressed in TSB # 08-045-18A for 2015 vehicles which was released on 6/8/2018. See Symptoms/Conditions list:
  • Rearview Camera image appears jittery (UF vehicles only).
  • Media devices, phone pairing and Bluetooth usage improvements.
  • HVAC temperature out of sync with radio display (UF vehicles).
  • Navigation is inoperative or inaccurate.

The dealer should be able to install this software update for the 1 hr minimum charge. Other modules that have pending updates should be done at the same time, so the tool only has to be plugged in once.
    The Uconnect website does Uconnect updates only. This is a Stellantis update. I am not aware of the software being public domain. Chrysler holds the copyright on this software.

Attachments

121 - 126 of 126 Posts