Chrysler 200 Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just got informed my 2018 jeep Cherokee is on the cut list. Seems kinda bogus that you can't upgrade the uconnect system somehow.
very unfair, this is some BS and Chrysler no it they need to offer some form of alternative or give those of us who cars are being cut off from these features some type of monetary reward people purchased these vechicles based on the features and to just take that away with nothing in place Chrysler needs to do better.

·
Registered
26 Posts
C'mon folks...I think we all knew (or should've known) when you bought the car that the technology in it would at some point become obsolete. FCA made no promise at any time that they would offer continual updates forever. I think the fact that you can still get map updates for a discounted vehicle is pretty good. What will you do when you find out your home PC won't update to Windows 11? Will you try to reach Mr. Nadella himself to demand he continue to support your 5 year old PC? We all know that the tech in the auto industry moves at a slower pace and that even when new the tech in our cars was already years behind the current.

·
Super Moderator
2,159 Posts
Your car won't stop running !
With time and new technology, all TV's and a multitude of electronic items become obsolete, but still function. Our cars have become rolling electronic computer labs.
The loss of the services Uconnect provided won't stop the car from running normally. I believe you are only losing the option to subscribe to their telematics service.
I have never used the service myself, and with 3 vehicles in the house the cost would add up. Yes, all with Uconnect. I don't even update the maps. Every cell phone I ever used has google maps. Much better and likely more current.
For me to have an app, and a locator signal, or whatever other items that go with Uconnect, just isn't necessary, or worth the expense.

I would like to see something official from corporate explaining exactly what those who subscribe will lose.

I also notice on the main Uconnect site it now reads "driveuconnect" and several 2021 and 2022 vehicle have new titles.
"Jeep Connect" ... "Ram Connect" ... "Wagoneer Connect".
The corporate world can make you dizzy sometimes.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yeah, FCA has renamed the product several times, what it's called for the 200 is Uconnect Access. While not a simple list here is the page describing the features Uconnect Access has: Uconnect Access - Your Personal Assistant.

I used to subscribe to it mostly for the ability to remote start the car from my phone, which was useful but ended up not being worth the cost. It also wasn't the most reliable since I had plenty of times where it would try to remote start and for whatever reason couldn't contact the vehicle. Now my car doesn't even have Uconnect since I replaced the head unit with an aftermarket one. Car still runs fine and I have much better navigation thanks to Carplay and Waze.

Reactions: fltru103

·
Super Moderator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
1,488 Posts
I believe that the remote start will still work with the key fob, just that the RS phone app is going away.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Never subscribed to UConnect services. Expensive for what is offered.

However, if you could post where you found this information, ( not the phone call ) then please do.
I find it hard to believe UConnect will stop support for just this car. The same system is in place for all 2015 Chrysler branded vehicles, Durango, Town & Country, Challenger and the 300. Why just drop the 200 ? Doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's true unfortunately! It will end Jan 1, 2022. The texting through the Jeep will end as will the f"ind my car" feature if stolen and the ability to lock and unlock your car through the Uconnect App on your phone. My car is only 4 yrs old and it sucks!

·
Super Moderator
2,159 Posts
It's true unfortunately! It will end Jan 1, 2022. The texting through the Jeep will end as will the f"ind my car" feature if stolen and the ability to lock and unlock your car through the Uconnect App on your phone. My car is only 4 yrs old and it sucks!
As I said before ... Never subscribed to UConnect services. Expensive for what is offered.

·
Super Moderator
2,159 Posts
I am now getting e-mails to "upgrade" to 4G though a wireless adapter. I notice the list of vehicles doesn't include the 200. Strange,and I believe it's a mistake since every other vehicle is listed.
Here is the link for the free plug 4G adapter. T-Mobile 4G Adapter

·
Registered
849 Posts
I am now getting e-mails to "upgrade" to 4G though a wireless adapter. I notice the list of vehicles doesn't include the 200. Strange,and I believe it's a mistake since every other vehicle is listed.
Here is the link for the free plug 4G adapter. T-Mobile 4G Adapter
I haven't received any emails on this adapter. Could be because I've updated my email address and their database(s) didn't propagate the change everywhere it should be.

So I'd appreciate it if you could post the contents of the email and any link as to how to obtain the adapter. I don't see this anywhere on the one you posted, unless the only way is through the phone number.

[EDIT] I did find the online ordering procedure in the FAQ section. However, it does not work as described for my vehicle. So I'll have to call them when I have some time and see what's what. I'd still like to see the contents of your email, because according to the FAQ the price of the device is $120, though promotional offers may be available. I would sure like to see what your email says about the pricing before I call.[/EDIT]

·
Super Moderator
2,159 Posts
I haven't received any emails on this adapter. Could be because I've updated my email address and their database(s) didn't propagate the change everywhere it should be.

So I'd appreciate it if you could post the contents of the email and any link as to how to obtain the adapter. I don't see this anywhere on the one you posted, unless the only way is through the phone number.
Here is the text of the e-mail.

After rebate at point of sale when you activate a line of qualifying service. If you cancel service before 12 months, you will be charged at a rate of $10/month for the remaining months. Plus tax.​
4G connectivity for Uconnect Access has arrived. And with 4G connectivity, we have exciting, new plans that include Uconnect Access services and Wi-Fi! Don't miss the opportunity to experience all the connectivity, convenience and entertainment that Uconnect® Access has to offer with the speed of 4G.

For a limited time, if you activate one of our 4G plans, the T-Mobile 4G adapter is no additional cost! The 4G plan must be activated no later than November 30, 2021.

This exclusive, limited-time offer gives you faster access to more convenience, along with services that help you do more in your vehicle. It's the information you need, the entertainment you love and the remote services3 you value.

Remember, this offer ends November 30, 2021. Get connected to 4G today.​

·
Registered
849 Posts
Here is the text of the e-mail.

After rebate at point of sale when you activate a line of qualifying service. If you cancel service before 12 months, you will be charged at a rate of $10/month for the remaining months. Plus tax.​

4G connectivity for Uconnect Access has arrived. And with 4G connectivity, we have exciting, new plans that include Uconnect Access services and Wi-Fi! Don't miss the opportunity to experience all the connectivity, convenience and entertainment that Uconnect® Access has to offer with the speed of 4G.

For a limited time, if you activate one of our 4G plans, the T-Mobile 4G adapter is no additional cost! The 4G plan must be activated no later than November 30, 2021.

This exclusive, limited-time offer gives you faster access to more convenience, along with services that help you do more in your vehicle. It's the information you need, the entertainment you love and the remote services3 you value.

Remember, this offer ends November 30, 2021. Get connected to 4G today.​
I called uConnect this morning and and spoke with a customer service rep whose info said that the 4G adapter is not available for the 2015 200. I asked her to verify this in light of the email. The response she got back from her contact confirmed that is not available for the the 2015 200.

It wouldn't hurt if someone else would call to re-confirm this. If this is a mess-up on Chrysler's part, the more owners they hear from the more likely it will be straightened out. Otherwise I guess we'll somehow live without the remote access and Stellantis will carry on without our subscription fees. Not a selling point for me buying another of their products though.

·
Super Moderator
2,159 Posts
I called uConnect this morning and and spoke with a customer service rep whose info said that the 4G adapter is not available for the 2015 200. I asked her to verify this in light of the email. The response she got back from her contact confirmed that is not available for the the 2015 200.

It wouldn't hurt if someone else would call to re-confirm this. If this is a mess-up on Chrysler's part, the more owners they hear from the more likely it will be straightened out. Otherwise I guess we'll somehow live without the remote access and Stellantis will carry on without our subscription fees. Not a selling point for me buying another of their products though.
I don't understand why the 200 is omitted. I thought maybe it was a mistake.
Strange thing is, I use my old 2015 Durango VIN number when I check for updates to my 200. When they changed my radio module, they never updated it in the system, so I never show anything on the Uconnect side. So if the system is the same, why can't it support the 200 ?
Beyond me.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
1,488 Posts
I'm sure that if there was a feasible way to update the system, it would be done. I think we have hardware limitations that are preventing the upgrade, possibly with the BCM & ECU?
Perhaps the PROXI network architecture used on 200/Dart may differ from the other models that can be updated. It looks like this has been tried:

21 - 39 of 39 Posts