Chrysler 200 Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
C'mon folks...I think we all knew (or should've known) when you bought the car that the technology in it would at some point become obsolete. FCA made no promise at any time that they would offer continual updates forever. I think the fact that you can still get map updates for a discounted vehicle is pretty good. What will you do when you find out your home PC won't update to Windows 11? Will you try to reach Mr. Nadella himself to demand he continue to support your 5 year old PC? We all know that the tech in the auto industry moves at a slower pace and that even when new the tech in our cars was already years behind the current.
For many of us we did not know. I would expect my 2017 would continue to work I did know it ran on a 3g network. It may have been printed so where most of people we just happy to have the features.
3g was already obsolete in 2015. It does seem a bit silly that they would be nitpicky about who they are willing to sell a 4g adapter to though.
I wish we could sue..Class Action Suite..But I wouldn't know to sue.

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
I wish we could sue..Class Action Suite..But I wouldn't know to sue.
What would you sue someone for ?
The advancement of technology ?
This issue has affected many car companies, brands and models.
It's not just Chrysler.
For those that don't read the entire thread, here is some important information.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am extremely upset as I just bought a 2018 Jeep cherokee in June specifically for the "extras" it had. Traffic, Uconnect remote start, navigation, etc. If none of these things work, this car is useless for what I wanted it for. And like you said, what exactly will the resale value be???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just got off phone with Chrysler Uconnect. Was informed that 2015 - 2017 Chrysler 200C Uconnect uses older 3G technology which is going obsolete sometime this summer. Although there is a 4G adapter for some Chrysler vehicles, the 200 and two other models cannot use the adapter. We subscribed ($149/year), mainly for the voice text message, which is one of the safety features of the system. They said the phone can still be connected with Bluetooth without Uconnect, but will only be able to reply with pre-selected displayed messages.
Although it is totally unacceptable for a vehicle manufacturer to take our $34K for a car and then discontinue this and other safety features like remote lock, 911, etc., I fully expect they will do it. Person said they were looking into alternative solutions, but we all know they will keep saying that until we just give up and accept our cars no longer have the features that cost us many thousands of extra dollars.
Hi. I recently lost my voice text ability and was also told it was because the 3G system was decommissioned, and that they have not found a new system compliant with my 2017 Jeep Cherokee. Have you found anything further?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am extremely upset as I just bought a 2018 Jeep cherokee in June specifically for the "extras" it had. Traffic, Uconnect remote start, navigation, etc. If none of these things work, this car is useless for what I wanted it for. And like you said, what exactly will the resale value be???
Everything works on my 2017 Except voice texting. It seems odd that all of your functions stopped, I was told it's only voice texting.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts