Chrysler 200 Forum banner

201 - 209 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
The RA4 radio comes from the factory with Nav. The RA3 radio comes without Nav and has to be activated by the dealer.

·
Registered
814 Posts
What are the new features and bugs fixes with the new version ??
FCA doesn't appear to be saying.

I searched for the service bulletin number without much success. Did see a post from a RAM forum member stating that an FCA CS rep told him that the update would address an issue with GPS that he had been experiencing. I also had a GPS issue a couple of weeks ago where the display lost track of my position, so today I installed the update. Took about 20-25 minutes. Not sure about any changes so far. It did lose track of the station the radio was tuned to, but the presets were still all there. Also noticed an ON/OFF option for automatically playing music from USB if a drive is plugged in. Not sure if that was there previously.

Comparing the update log to the previous one (17.11.07) this new one (17.43.01) updated all the same modules plus a new main bootloader, a new IOC-BOOTLOADER and a new Sierra Wireless BOOT Firmware, so that is all I can say is new for certain.

·
Registered
134 Posts
took me just about 20 minutes exactly from the time the 8.4 saw the update on the USB stick to the final black screen/reboot. Add 2-3 minutes for the 2 reboots (complete power down and re-start) that you have to do to properly activate the update.

Here is a link to the Jeep TSB that talks about the update and lists issues fixed, etc...

http://wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_0803518.pdf

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Chrysler 200 C 2016 does anyone know if it's possible to update the Uconnect software with 2017 Uconnect software to be able to get Android Auto?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Dibo, unfortunately that's not possible. The new Uconnect head units are different hardware so while it may be possible to hack the firmware to be able to flash the new software (unliekly but you never know) it probably wouldn't run and there's a decent chance it would brick your head unit.

I have looked into whether it would be possible to install one of the new head units in a 200 and while I haven't found a definitive answer (the head unit is pretty expensive so it'd cost a lot to buy one just to try it) it seems like it probably wouldn't work either since ti wouldn't recognize the hardware configuration of the 200. It would have been nice if FCA sold an upgrade kit to allow us to install the new Uconnect head unit but since they discontinued the vehicle I doubt that will happen.

The best way to get Android Auto would be to install a third party head unit using a product like the iDatalink Maestro to connect it to the 200. I am considering doing this myself though right now I'm still doing research into the process and what, if any features of Uconnect I would lose in the process. There are several threads posted on this board by people who have done this replacement so you might want to search for those if you are thinking about doing this.

201 - 209 of 209 Posts