Chrysler 200 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Anyone else notice the dash LCD when on the "music page" says "muted" if you remote start the car then enter? The music is on but still says muted. Then I have to mute then unmute to get the "muted" text off of the dash LCD. Not that big of a deal just a bit weird.

Also, if using the NAV and I get a phone call, it doesn't return to the NAV screen when the call is ended. Really hoping they come out with another update lol

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have that same problem,the mute on the lcd dashboard.I would see it there but wasn't sure what triggered it because it's always on speedometer.How can it be prevented?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Well glad it's not just me... Hopefully they'll come out with another update to fix the muted dash screen issue. It's pretty odd that it's not even the same muted graphic that you see when you actually press mute... I'm sure one of their developers just messed up and it slipped through QC.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I reported the mute issue along with another issue I found when the system runs the music index for voice commands. Chrysler Uconnect Support responded that it is working as designed and that my ticket would be reviewed.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Been meaning to post this for a couple weeks... Does anyone else's "Surround Sound" setting constantly change back to Off - doesn't matter the input, format, etc... seems like anytime a song changes on MP3, station changes on SXM, whatever... it constantly gets reset back to Off.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Been meaning to post this for a couple weeks... Does anyone else's "Surround Sound" setting constantly change back to Off - doesn't matter the input, format, etc... seems like anytime a song changes on MP3, station changes on SXM, whatever... it constantly gets reset back to Off.
I checked mine has stayed on ever since the update in December despite multiple input changes.

·
Super Moderator
1,820 Posts
Anyone knowing music would turn off the feature anyway. It produces a "Wind" sound in the back and the effect could be great for a movie but not for music IMHO.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I hate how if you are playing a preset XM station and then move up or down to another channel, the preset station stays highlighted in the row even though you are not listening to it anymore. Not a big deal, just annoying.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
UPDATE is Out for the 8.4 ! :)

UCONNECT 8.4AN_RA4_15.06.1_MY15
UCONNECT® 8.4AN_RA4_15.06.1_MY15

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Any patch/release notes available for it?
No, not yet. Actually having some trouble installing mine as it's stating "File not Supported". This is with two different USB drives and two different computers....so I doubt it's on my end.
Also never had trouble with the updates in the past.

·
Super Moderator
1,820 Posts
As I'm expecting many people to have issues downloading it again, here's the procedure that I posted back in December:

For those of you having issues, here's how I managed to do it: http://vasudevg.blogspot.ca/2013/09/...-to-start.html

As soon as I did this, it worked.

·
Super Moderator
1,820 Posts
No, not yet. Actually having some trouble installing mine as it's stating "File not Supported". This is with two different USB drives and two different computers....so I doubt it's on my end.
Also never had trouble with the updates in the past.
Already happened to me with my first gen 200...Download again, file is probably corrupted. I'm expecting a NAV upgrade to be included into this update so it might take a while to install.

·
Super Moderator
1,820 Posts
This update contains the following improvements and or additions:
-Enhanced performance in Navigation, HD Radio, AM/FM Sound Quality and Voice Recognition

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
As I'm expecting many people to have issues downloading it again, here's the procedure that I posted back in December:

For those of you having issues, here's how I managed to do it: http://vasudevg.blogspot.ca/2013/09/...-to-start.html

As soon as I did this, it worked.
Your page link doesn't work. As previously mentioned...I've never had issues in the past, so the method does not seem to be the problem (especially with using two separate computers and two separate USB drives).

Did you actually download and install the lastest update yet ?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Meant to install the update last night, didn't get around to it.

Had to fight with IE once again to get it to download, though... I added both driveuconnect.com and the site it takes you to on to my compatibility view lists, downloaded the Akamai downloader again, closed and opened IE and went through the step by step and then the download and it finally started working... just takes some effort. I don't see why they use that, there's easier ways to access akamai's CDN and still have DRM to control who has access to the downloads.

Anyway, if people are having trouble I can throw it on my dropbox and share it out if you really need it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I downloaded the mac version which has always worked and I am getting the file no supported message

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I downloaded the mac version which has always worked and I am getting the file no supported message
Yes, it appears to be a known issue with the installation (in some vehicles)...per Uconnect customer service...so it is not related to any prior fixes or download instructions as previously suggested by others. They stated they are working on solution but nothing yet.

21 - 40 of 209 Posts