Chrysler 200 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Some people did with success. The files are not the same, file size is different between US files and Can/Mex files but some seem to have success installing it anyways. The main difference between US cars and Can/Mex cars is that the US system has a 3G modem which Canada and Mexico don't have. If you are in the US just wait, you will get it through the air at some point. I sure would wait if it was my car. No need to rush this update.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Some people did with success. The files are not the same, file size is different between US files and Can/Mex files but some seem to have success installing it anyways. The main difference between US cars and Can/Mex cars is that the US system has a 3G modem which Canada and Mexico don't have. If you are in the US just wait, you will get it through the air at some point. I sure would wait if it was my car. No need to rush this update.
The three of us here who updated US cars did so with the download file linked to on the Hellcat forum, which I had presumed is a US version, as it is not the same file size as the Canada / Mexico one you linked to in the top post. However, I just checked and the difference in the download .zip file size is due to the one from the Hellcat forum link containing a MACOSX sub-directory not found in the "Canada" version, plus slightly different compression levels of the other files in the two zips. I just ran MD5 sums on the uncompressed files and confirmed that the swdl.iso and swdl.upd files are in fact identical in both downloads. So if the Hellcat forum version was for US vehicles, then there actually is only one "Total NAFTA" version.

Anyway the update apparently still went fine and haven't lost any functionality such as 3G modem.

Livin' on the edge! :cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well I tried all of them on my Canadian charger and they don't work. For what reason I have a my 16 with 8.4an and the serial number shows a ra3. So when I try all the files it says not compatible

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
749 Posts
Guess what? The 17.11.07 update has showed up again in the Uconnect site.
Capture.JPG

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just checked the Uconnect site at 1:30pm central time and it does not show up.
Has anyone got the OTA version yet ?

·
Super Moderator
1,769 Posts
I just checked the Uconnect site at 1:30pm central time and it does not show up.
Has anyone got the OTA version yet ?
Checked today and our 200 did not show the new update.
As of now, we haven't received the OTA update either.
However, our other FCA vehicles got the updates long ago.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Some people did with success. The files are not the same, file size is different between US files and Can/Mex files but some seem to have success installing it anyways. The main difference between US cars and Can/Mex cars is that
the US system has a 3G modem which Canada and Mexico don't have.
If you are in the US just wait, you will get it through the air at some point. I sure would wait if it was my car. No need to rush this update.
This is why the cars in Canada don't have the option of having apps in the Uconnect system like they do in the U.S.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Anyone know when the Garmin map update will be available for the 2015 models?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Anyone know when the Garmin map update will be available for the 2015 models?
The 200 does not have the Garmin. It has the HERE system. ...... I wish it did have the Garmin.

·
Registered
154 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
The site you have mentioned is for the initial purchase of the Nav system. You pay them around $600 for a code to unlock their pre installed system. When you check THIS site which is for the Nav system updates it always says your system is up to date. It has been like this since I paid for my Nav in my new Apr 2015 200. There has been zero updates since day one period. If you read further back in the 200 forum you will find a lot of totally upset people at the runaround they are getting from both Chrysler and Here Technologies. Talk to Chrysler and it's 'Heres' fault. Talk to Here and they say it's Chrysler's fault. Meanwhile we are the poor slugs who paid out $600 for an out of date system.

Sad thing is, Chrysler/FCA does have a Garmin system for their cars. My brother has a 2015 Dodge Dart which came with the Garmin nav. He has had updates with no problem and it works great.

Another sad thing is that about six months before I bought the new 200 I had purchased a new Garmin handheld unit with free lifetime map updates which I passed on to my son thinking that I didn't need it. How wrong was I.

Bottom line is, if you don't have the nav in your car don't buy the Chrysler one. It's a dud.

·
Registered
154 Posts
The site you have mentioned is for the initial purchase of the Nav system. You pay them around $600 for a code to unlock their pre installed system. When you check THIS site which is for the Nav system updates it always says your system is up to date. It has been like this since I paid for my Nav in my new Apr 2015 200. There has been zero updates since day one period. If you read further back in the 200 forum you will find a lot of totally upset people at the runaround they are getting from both Chrysler and Here Technologies. Talk to Chrysler and it's 'Heres' fault. Talk to Here and they say it's Chrysler's fault. Meanwhile we are the poor slugs who paid out $600 for an out of date system.

Sad thing is, Chrysler/FCA does have a Garmin system for their cars. My brother has a 2015 Dodge Dart which came with the Garmin nav. He has had updates with no problem and it works great.

Another sad thing is that about six months before I bought the new 200 I had purchased a new Garmin handheld unit with free lifetime map updates which I passed on to my son thinking that I didn't need it. How wrong was I.

Bottom line is, if you don't have the nav in your car don't buy the Chrysler one. It's a dud.
Ok thanks for clearing that up. When I bought my 2015 200S last October it already had the NAV system activated and working. It sucks that there has been no updates as streets and cities are continuously changing. Within a few years if there is no update the system may become somewhat useless. I also have a Garmin Hand Held which my wife uses in her car. It also has lifetime updates. In my previous car I had an aftermarket Pioneer system and they released map updates every few years.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Not sure if people are still interested in this topic but I'd like to report that I received the OTA update in my 2015 200S this evening. I'd been waiting for months, since I first heard about the update. I only left the car on for 20 minutes after accepting the update as it instructed and then I exited for it to finish.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Not sure if people are still interested in this topic but I'd like to report that I received the OTA update in my 2015 200S this evening. I'd been waiting for months, since I first heard about the update. I only left the car on for 20 minutes after accepting the update as it instructed and then I exited for it to finish.
Are you referring to the Map update? Where is it available?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Are you referring to the Map update? Where is it available?

There are no OTA "map updates" and no indication those will be available OTA if/when they are released.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Qq for here in Canada. I have a 8.4 with nav but my screen died so dodge is replacing it. I still don't see any updates online but after he swap do I continue to check with my cars vin?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
749 Posts
I respectfully suggest asking your dealer that question when you pick up your car after the swop.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts