Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

I have a RHB radio in my 2011 Limited and have run into a issue with it. A few days ago, I took my phone into my car and it did not sync with Uconnect. I pressed the phone button and nothing, I pressed the voice commands and no beep. I have tried to remove the radio fuse for a minute then put it back in but it did not help. Neither the buttons on the face unit or the steering wheel are doing anything. Any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The problem is not only the sync issue with the phone, I can use any voice commands through Uconnect because nothing happens when I press the voice command button, so I can't even setup anything.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yup, you're another victim of the pair issue that's impossible to correct without having your radio re-updated by the dealer, and then a few weeks later it will happen again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same thing just happened to me with my 2014. It's a 130s RES system. Phone or VR buttons don't work on either the steering wheel or radio. I sent Chrysler an email this morning about it. I'll post any worthwhile info they may provide.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Uconnect Phone and VR buttons not working

Update. Customer Assist had me try a "soft reset" today. Didn't work. Procedure was to turn the ignition to "on". Press and hold both the VR and Phone buttons at the same time for 30 seconds. Turn the ignition off and open the driver door for 30 seconds. Maybe this will work for someone else.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fixed. The problem was the VR/Phone system control module in the vehicle. It was replaced and all works fine now.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Fixed. The problem was the VR/Phone system control module in the vehicle. It was replaced and all works fine now.
Glad to hear your issue has been resolved!

·
Registered
9 Posts
My phone button on the steering wheel works but it appears my VR button does not. I've had the car almost 2 months but haven't bothered to play around with the VR Commands. Today I had some time so I decided to try and set it up. When I press the VR button nothing happens. No beep.

Suggestions?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Unlike the phone button which you press and hold until the beep, on the VR button you press it and immediately release it.

Problem solved.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this was years ago, but do you happen to remember about what the dealership charged to replace the module?

·
Super Moderator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
1,156 Posts
Welcome to the forums. JimmyB hasn't logged in here since May 2015.
Most dealer shops work for around $100 a flat rate hour labor, depending on location and many other variables. Do you have a dealer that you prefer? Your module may not need actual replacement.
What is the year of your car? What symptoms are you having?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome to the forums. JimmyB hasn't logged in here since May 2015.
Most dealer shops work for around $100 a flat rate hour labor, depending on location and many other variables. Do you have a dealer that you prefer? Your module may not need actual replacement.
What is the year of your car? What symptoms are you having?
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee. My uconnect/voice command no longer works. The buttons don't do anything at all. It's been this way for a while but I really want to fix it. I called customer service and they walked me through a couple of fixes but those didn't work and they told me to take it to the dealership. I either take my car to a local mechanic or to Landers Chrysler Jeep Dodge.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
1,156 Posts
Was one of the suggested 'possible fixes' to disconnect the battery for a minute and then reconnect it?
Sometimes this will reboot the bluetooth hands-free module (HFM) and work tor good. or for awhile, sometimes not. It is fairly cheap and easy to try.

You can go to the driveuconnect website, put in your Jeep's VIN and see if any Uconnect updates are pending:
software-update.html

Depending on which radio model you have, the dealer may have updates from Chrysler, The radio model (sales code) should be printed in small, white letters in the lower, right-hand faceplate corner beginning with the letter 'R'.
Like this:

See Symptoms/Conditions for this HFM update and see if they match what you are experiencing. The Grand Cherokee platform is a 'WK'. If you read into the Repair Procedure and the module responds with a beep, you can ask the radio to display its HFM software version. You always want the latest and greatest version:

The dealer can install pending updates for the radio, depending on your sales code. Also see the attached documents:

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts