Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to upgrade my shi**y 5.0 radio to the 8.4 but don't know where to start, i want the 8.4 doesn't need to have nav, just like to have a bigger screen and have a back up camera, my biggest regret is not installing the back up camera when i got it, but where would i need to take it to purchase it and install it, i can't do it by myself because i wouldn't know where to start, how much would it cost also. ANY HELP WLL BE APPRECIATED, I'm desperate right now

·
Registered
169 Posts
If you use the search button on this topic, you'll find lots of info about this topic. It can be expensive, but well worth it. I would suggest starting with your dealer to see if they are knowledgable about this. Some will say it can't be done, other will want to charge you a couple of hours of labor. It's a half hour at the most. At a minimum, You'll need the radio, 8.4 bezel, and you might want the 911 bypass for the back of the radio. If you read the info, this will all be explained a well as where to look for radio, bezel and anything else. I love mine!

·
Registered
562 Posts
There's a video on YouTube that shows how to do that, search it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I up graded to 8.4 immediately after buying my 2015 200 limited. I purchased the radio from lkq. The install was easy. I did have to do 2 things. 1) take the receipt to dealer for a radio code, the code was free. 2) pay dealer to sync the new 8.4 to my cars computer the cost was $100.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Here's a You Tube LINK to the radio upgrade.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts