Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car info:

2015 Chrysler 200, AWD

One day (last week), I go out to my car and noticed while driving that the USB stick is not working, getting the whole No USB device / not detected screen. I have poured through these forums and the internet looking for an answer and can not seem to find one.

USB / AUX ports seems to be not communicating with radio unit.

Tried 3 different USB sticks, 8GB, 16GB and 32GB, all formatted FAT32 and all used to work. All sticks are able to be read in a computer.

Made sure USB port was clean and blown out with air, just to be sure.

Removed head unit and made sure USB cable is firmly seated in back of unit. (I guess I could do this again)

Disconnected the battery for 30 minutes and hooked it back up, no luck.

Looked at the fuses and everything looks fine (Although I am not sure, I have two 7.5 fuses / brown in the interior fuse box and none of those line up with fuse diagram pictures I have seen on the internet).

USB port appears to have power , I say this because one of the USB sticks glows red when inserted. (When I insert it, it flashes for a second – like it is being read, and then glows a solid red, like it used to before).

I have tried a portable CD player hooked up the AUX port and nothing there either.

I tried removing the faceplate / USB port inside the console, but that seems about near impossible and I am not talented enough to try and take everything apart just to see if those cables might have come loose.

Bluetooth works perfectly in the car.

Took the car to the shop (Used to by a Chrysler dealership a few years ago, changed ownership but all the techs out there are pretty much the same people that worked under the Chrysler dealership flag). (But this is a small town so I don’t hold my breath either).

Tech was unable to find anything substantial, he said pretty the same as above, it should be working, but there seems to be no communication from the USB / AUX ports to the head unit. And to quote the tech “Tech does not know how to remove the trim panel”. And the tech did not find any radio codes stored in the system.

Now their solution was to take it to one of the bigger dealerships and have them take a look, but that would require me to take a day off work and drive down there (An hour away) (like I said, I live in a small town), and then we all know the cost of dealership work is insane.

So, I was wondering if anyone ran in to this issue or has any ideas that I have not tried.

Appreciate any help,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It also says with a good USB stick inserted, and I switch from the radio to that, "No Media Device detected"

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The USB Hub Media Center can be serviced separately if it has failed. Always diagnose first:

Thank you for the link to the part, I was thinking that this may be the part, looks pretty simple to replace,

But the problem is, how do I actually remove it from the car , it seems to be in there pretty tight and I have not seen any real "Know How" articles posted on the internet.

Thank you for your time in responding.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It looks like the center console has to be removed from between the seats so you can remove the module from the backside. The Hub module is #28 in the image.

Thanks for the diagram,

Starting to look a bit more complex for my level, but I will take a look

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Has anyone had any lucky removing the USB / AUX port in their center console without having to take it all apart? I been looking all over the internet for some instruction on how to remove the center console (With no luck) or how to remove the USB / AUX port without taking apart the console, also without no luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This might not be any help but let me relate my own experience with the USB port in my 2016 V6. The car has no CD player and I don't have a smart phone to play my music. I bought a CD player that connects to my USB port so I could play my music. (Side note.... if I leave the CD player plugged in and don't drive my car for a couple of weeks because of the lockdown, it will drain the battery.) When I plug in the CD player I get either "No Media Device Available" or "No USB connected". I have to wait anywhere from a few seconds to a minute before it starts to play. The guy at the stereo store told me this happens a lot on Chrysler products. Eventually it always works.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This might not be any help but let me relate my own experience with the USB port in my 2016 V6. The car has no CD player and I don't have a smart phone to play my music. I bought a CD player that connects to my USB port so I could play my music. (Side note.... if I leave the CD player plugged in and don't drive my car for a couple of weeks because of the lockdown, it will drain the battery.) When I plug in the CD player I get either "No Media Device Available" or "No USB connected". I have to wait anywhere from a few seconds to a minute before it starts to play. The guy at the stereo store told me this happens a lot on Chrysler products. Eventually it always works.

Thanks for the reply, I have tried that, Started the car and left the USB stick in and let it sit for a while (like drive 10 minutes before trying to play from it), I have also done the whole car started without a stick in and drive for a while then plugged the stick in, same issue,

It does look like the actual port (Like listed above), and ordering the part seems to pretty cheap. And it looks like it just plugs in, BUT the only issue is getting the port out of that center console. I mean, the Chrysler dealership I called quoted me around 300 bucks. (Give or take).

So, I am still trolling the internet looking for some sort of advice on how to remove it so I can replace it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts