Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

New to the forums. I have a 2015 200C AWD with the 8.4 w/ Nav. The USB port does not work at all, it does not recognize any device or transmit any kind of power. I have verified that the aux port does work. I just rolled over 11k miles but I'm a few months outside of the 36 month warranty. Dealer wants $125 to look at it so that's not happening.

Has anyone ran into this before? The port physically looks okay and there is no obstruction that I can see. I would guess it's a wiring thing but I'm not very familiar with the wiring on this car.

Thanks!

·
Registered
759 Posts
I posted the following in another thread .....

Well, I finally got around to taking my car in to the dealership for them to check out my USB problem. I explained the problem to them, that it was dead, insert a USB and nothing played and then I had a seat in the waiting room.

About five minutes later I was called back to the service bay to be told that the USB was working perfectly and it was. While in the car with the technician I removed the USB drive and reinstalled it and nothing. That's when he spoke up and told me to press play, and it worked. I tell ya I felt about an inch tall at that point. I've never had to do that in the past as it always played automatically when the USB was installed.

He then checked out the settings and low and behold there is a setting for autoplay or manual start. He selected autoplay and now it works every time.

I know it was set to autoplay all along but somehow that option was deselected. I strongly suspect the the setting was changed possibly during one of the updates.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that info. Would your USB port charge anything with autoplay off? Mine does not charge or play anything, it doesn't recognize anything is connected.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Thanks for that info. Would your USB port charge anything with autoplay off? Mine does not charge or play anything, it doesn't recognize anything is connected.
There is a direct line to your usb input to the back of your radio head unit. Dissconnect and reconnect the cable and firmly make sure all connections are meeting. Try a couple times may possibly be the input or output of that line or headunit jack bring damaged.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Sorry I never tried anything else in there other than a USB drive.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I had an issue too where my iPod wasn't connecting, I took out the head unit, unplugged the grey connector, plugged it back in and it worked after that. Easy to do, pull on the radio bezel, then only 4 screws hold the head unit, there is a video on YouTube.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took out the headunit to inspect the USB connector. To my surprise it was not attached. I guess it came loose somehow. Plugged 'er back in and I'm back in business.

Case closed. Thanks ya'll.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'd try a can of spray air and rubbing alcohol to make sure the contacts are clear. They can get a lot of build up on them. Also might be worth trying different devices/cords just to be sure it's the port and not the phone. If all that checks out refer to this video and make sure the connections are tight on the head unit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D42wKtyiW2k&t=204s

·
Registered
562 Posts
I'd try a can of spray air and rubbing alcohol to make sure the contacts are clear. They can get a lot of build up on them. Also might be worth trying different devices/cords just to be sure it's the port and not the phone. If all that checks out refer to this video and make sure the connections are tight on the head unit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D42wKtyiW2k&t=204s
He said he fixed already, it was not even connected to the head unit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2015 Chrysler 200 with a Uconnect 5.0. The USB port will charge my iPhone, but will not read the iPhone, a flash drive or anything else. The aux port also doesn't work and the bluetooth will not initialize. I have removed the head unit and ensured that everything is plugged in properly and snugly. I have verified that my SW version is up to date, so no updates available. Not sure where to go from here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts