Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 200
If i let the car sit for several hours, when I start the car, the air is very stale. Best way I can describe it is that it smells like the air you get out of a tire that has been on the road for a while.

Anyone had this and/or know what I can do to fix it? The hotter the day, the worse it is, and Texas isn't done heating up yet. I don't want to be wearing a gas mask just to get in my car.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Mine does that too, goes away after a few minutes with the A/C on, so I don't worry about it, don't know a fix for it. i changed the cabin air filter 6 months ago, but it remainded the same.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Crap. My next step was to replace the filter and hope.
If your filter is 2 years old or more, it's time to change it anyway.

·
Registered
814 Posts
System can be disinfected to eliminate bacteria and mold odors.

Here's one DIY method.

I've done this myself with another vehicle and it worked well. The article doesn't say how much Lysol to use, but my memory is that the instructions I followed years ago (I think from Motorweek) said to spray about half a can's worth.

Oh, you should remove the cabin air filter before spraying and replace with new after.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Thanks Pennhaven, that is a great tip! Makes me wonder how much money we just saved by doing this ourselves rather than letting the dealer charge us to do this.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Thanks Pennhaven, that is a great tip! Makes me wonder how much money we just saved by doing this ourselves rather than letting the dealer charge us to do this.
You're welcome. In fact, I just did it myself last month. Used about half a can total, alternating across the intake opening. The Lysol "Crisp Linen" scent works well. Subtle clean scent, not strongly perfumed or antiseptic smelling.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Waht

You're welcome. In fact, I just did it myself last month. Used about half a can total, alternating across the intake opening. The Lysol Crisp Line scent works well. Subtle clean scent, not strongly perfumed or antiseptic smelling.
Should be "Crisp Linen".

Continues to bug :( me that we're only allowed 10 minutes to edit posts.

What often happens while writing a post is I'll have to deal with a distraction, causing me to fire off the post before checking, and only notice the mistake after it's too late.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts