Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi 200 Fam,

I have a 2015 200 (limited) and recently (probably for the last 10k miles or so) I’m noticing more vibrations in my car when its sitting still. It’s nothing that feels unsafe, however, individuals sitting in my car will notice it and mention it.
Initially I thought it may have been my battery giving out (seems like the battery causes weird issues in the 200), so I replaced it.
I also replaced my spark plugs a few weeks back, used fuel cleaner and properly aired my tires. Still nothing.

Any other ideas or is anyone else noticing vibrations in their 200 when idling or engine on in park?

Thanks!

·
Registered
96 Posts
What size engine do you have? I know I have vibration when in gear. But in park there’s very little motor load 🤔 I would think maybe a motor mount.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey @Smokey0210 , I have the 4 cylinder.
Is your vibration (in gear) enough to shake the steering wheel or enough for you to really feel it?

I popped the hood up and cant see anything ‘off’ with the motor mounts. Also, when I accelerate or drive at high speeds, the car is extremely smooth. I heard if you have damaged motor mounts, you will still notice the vibrations during high speeds. Maybe I should get it checked out professionally?

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Is your vibration (in gear) enough to shake the steering wheel or enough for you to really feel it?

I popped the hood up and cant see anything ‘off’ with the motor mounts. Also, when I accelerate or drive at high speeds, the car is extremely smooth. I heard if you have damaged motor mounts, you will still notice the vibrations during high speeds. Maybe I should get it checked out professionally?
I think these videos explain issues with motor mounts very well and might help you verifying if this is the issue you are having:

·
Super Moderator
2,437 Posts
The 2.4 isn't the smoothest engine out there to begin with. My advice is to not just go replace all of them, check them first or have them checked before replacing anything.

·
Registered
194 Posts

I had bad motor mounts (mostly the center one) in my Dodge Daytona, and it would vibrate like crazy at idle, to the point where the dash would buzz and I could feel the vibration. Absolutely smooth above idle. Changed the mounts and it's like new.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have the 3.6 and mine will shake the steering wheel. But it comes and goes, so I’m waiting to see if when I get my camshaft and rockers replaced, if it gets better. But like you I’ve opened the hood and run it through the gears and given some throttle, but there’s no excessive movement. Good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the suggestions... I’ve been meaning to get these professionally checked out as I cannot see anything visually from the engine. I’ll keep everyone posted!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts