Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 200 Limited. Every time I start the engine it displays a "spare tire low pressure" warning. I press the "Menu" button and the error goes away until the next start. I took it to the dealer and they said I need a new WCM board at $400 installed. Can't that board be refreshed, or reflashed to reset that error?

·
Registered
747 Posts
Well that answers my question as to whether the spare tire has a sensor in it. I guess it does.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Well that answers my question as to whether the spare tire has a sensor in it. I guess it does.
Maybe newer years, but 2011 sure doesn't. I recently had a flat, got early warning when the low pressure alarm went off. Seems I ran over someone's ignition key, fully embedded. When I installed the spare, the car continued to read the zero pressure in the flat tire, no reading for the spare that was installed.

·
Super Moderator
2,411 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,411 Posts
True, I had to use my spare once and my TPS displayed "0" for the spare as well.
Glad you stated that. It was likely obvious to everyone else but I honestly pictured a warning on the display that actually said "spare tire pressure low" on the display.. LOL.

Oh well. Sometimes Captain Obvious is really a super hero for me - like losing your sunglasses, looking for them and they are on your neck or whatever...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts