Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my last car, I used a CD mounted phone holder for when I used my device for navigation. Since my 2015 doesn't have a CD player I can't use it. What do you guys use? I've seen a few options on ebay that sit on the dashboard but they look like junk. I was thinking of making a custom ledge and mounting it to the dash just below the screen (above the hazards button). I'd rather buy something, but think making something would end up being a better option.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I've tried lots of different mounts over the years, but am currently happy with the APPS2CAR Universal Air Vent Mount, which we have in both vehicles.

It is sturdy, easy to attach and adjust, and holds on to various phone sizes tightly.

About the only drawback is that it takes two hands to place the phone in the mount, but that's the case with nearly all of them, I suppose, except the magnetic type with a piece that's glued to your phone.

The "one hand" ones I've had were my own DIY mods of belt clips designed especially for my phone, but now that phones are larger I'm no longer seeing clips like that available.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I tried looking but couldn't find much where I live. Haven't looked much around online but I was trying to find one that is airbourne and attached to the stem of the rearview mirror of some sort. Currently my phone either sits in my crotch area on the seat, in the cup holder or on top of the arm rest.

·
Registered
155 Posts
http://www.bracketron.com/products/mi-t-grip-dash-mount-box#.WBGSFPorI2w

this is what i got for my galaxy s7, stick this on anything, wall, dashboard, **** bro my girl made me a video in the shower, with her edge s7, this will still on a wet shower wall, that link above dude sent you, garbage and way over price.

But who knows you might find something better on this site.

·
Registered
80 Posts
http://www.bracketron.com/products/mi-t-grip-dash-mount-box#.WBGSFPorI2w

this is what i got for my galaxy s7, stick this on anything, wall, dashboard, **** bro my girl made me a video in the shower, with her edge s7, this will still on a wet shower wall, that link above dude sent you, garbage and way over price.

But who knows you might find something better on this site.
Hey man, you're free to think what you want, but ProClips in my experience have not been garbage. They are all specifically designed for each vehicle they support. Yeah they are expensive, and that's because they're designed per vehicle.

Do you have any bad experiences with them?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Lots of thought went into this for me and i am telling you that the nite ize steelie brand mounts work awesome.
i have multiple devices and the steel ball looks just fine in the car. i wish i could show some pictures but have not figured out yet how to resize my pictures so tat they will download.

three items that i use now are
gtech pro ss
sony hdr-az1 camera. absolutely works perfect for this.
and then of course my phone .samsung note edge..
i have a second way to use them and works even sleeker.
this brand vent clip mount is second to none ...
if you go this rout ,take my advice and do not ,i repeat do not buy the nochoice knock off brand where you can get lots for cheep. all of the items are a tad larger and do work with the nite ize brand but not nearly as strong of a magnet.
do not let people tell you that it is bad for the phone and such.
i have searched and read many articles and only one drawback is that the magnet will mess with the pen for writing on the phone screen.
cant wait to load pictures of my 200s with all the updates i have done so far.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Right now I'm using a magnetic Mount next to my rearview mirror that has a suction cup for the windshield but I also had a CD phone holder before which I am using for a tablet now and I slid the piece that goes into the CD player into a notch that is above the screen between the plastic piece that goes around the screen and the top of the dashboard. It holds pretty well.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a PopSocket on my Iphone 8Plus, pop it out halfway and it sits perfectly above the parking brake button. Run the charger in to the console for a clean look. Best of all no special mounts needed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts