Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering, I snagged the pic below off the internet, where the needle is at in the picture is usually what mine has been running. Just curious if thats normal? The chrysler 300 I had before this the needle never went past 1/4th, and thats usually what it ran at. My 3.6l v6 200 always runs right under 1/2 and yesterday it went a hair over. Seems hot? Or just normal? What does your's usually run at?

Gauge Vehicle Car Auto part Tachometer

·
Registered
759 Posts
Thanks for this useful post!
I always thought mine was running hot. (Was beginning to think I better check the coolant for "gelling"!) Apparently this is "normal" if it's showing 1/2 way on the temp. gauge. (Still doesn't look right, IMHO)

·
Premium Member
2,622 Posts
In case you need 2 more confirmations - both my 200's run exactly as in the pic of the first post.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Mine reads about the same, just below the middle. But my fuel gauge reads lower than yours...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Take a look at the picture again. See he big H on the top? That means Hot. See the C? That means cold. You are in the middle. That = good. Why would you possibly think you are running hot when you are right in the middle? What's the point of the gauge if when it reads right in the middle you worry? May as well not even have one.

·
Premium Member
2,622 Posts
Take a look at the picture again. See he big H on the top? That means Hot. See the C? That means cold. You are in the middle. That = good. Why would you possibly think you are running hot when you are right in the middle? What's the point of the gauge if when it reads right in the middle you worry? May as well not even have one.
Come on guy.

Although I may agree with this, some people are not as mechanically inclined as others, and it's very true that many vehicles read 1/4 to 1/3 the way up on the "H/C" crappy temp gauge as "normal operating temperature" and in that scenario halfway up could be a legitimate concern.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I've had both a four and six cylinder model and both of them ran a hair under the 1/2 way mark. On a real hot day once the four cylinder crept up a hair past the half way mark in rush hour traffic. I wouldn't be too concerned if this I happening to you. Although we have factory installed gauges, they are actually pretty accurate.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts