Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to figure out what this part is right here the part that looks like a in-line something or other with the black hose going into or from it . I have no cold air coming out.. this thing clicks continuously when the car is on. It feels like it's trying to turn on or something but can't or trying to turn something on but cant... your help would be great....thank you

·
Super Moderator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
1,163 Posts
Welcome to the forums. That is the evaporative emissions purge solenoid. It runs on a duty-cycle and light ticking is normal.
It meters fuel canister vapor fumes (HC) into the intake to be burned.
Note that it is mounted in rubber to quiet the ticking. If it is clicking loudly, it may need replacement? Are you still within the 3yr/36K mile basic warranty?
It is unrelated to the A/C cooling, but I notice that the electrical connector is off. This open-circuit should turn on the 'ck eng' light and store a fault code.
An example:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for that info... when I go to press the A/C button to turn on the cold air it doesn't turn on the part that u always hear turn on in the engine... what would make the A/C compressor not turn on when the air conditioner button is pressed...? It's a new part too. I replace the ac compressor not to long ago too...?

·
Super Moderator
1,163 Posts
Double-check the compressor installation and connectors.
Did it lose the refrigerant charge?
This car uses special refrigerant (r1234yf) and oil. It also uses special tools and service procedures.
Refrigerant Recharge (r1234yf)
You cannot use conventional r-134a and PAG oil.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes. The connectors and installation is good and the connectors are connected... what else or what could make the ac compressor not turn on????

·
Super Moderator
1,163 Posts
Does it have a refrigerant charge in it? Any fault codes?
If you are unfamiliar with diagnosing and servicing A/C systems, I would refer you to a capable shop that can do r1234yf systems.
A 1 hr? diagnostic at a dealership that has the training and equipment may be helpful. Then you can decide if it is something you are equipped to handle at home. I don't know your tools/skills inventory.
This is the busy season for A/C work.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You might want to check the A/C Compressor Clutch fuse to make sure it is good. Most other issues will require draining out and replacing the Freon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts