Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is this?
It is empty from any electric sensor or air duct or...
I have interior temp item in my UC 8.4 but it not work.
Is it interior temp sensor location (other cars it true)? I dont find any socket or wire here.
Hood Automotive lighting Grey Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
2,227 Posts
That is a grille for an in-car air temperature sensor used in ATC-equipped vehicles.
It draws a slight vacuum to sample the inside air temperature. Not all cars have this.
Some cars will use an infra-red (IR) detector to measure inside car temperature.
Rectangle Font Circle Number Pattern

Camera accessory Cylinder Gas Font Automotive lighting

·
Administrator
2,227 Posts
68170208AB. The ATC wiring & software to run the aspirator may not be present on your car.

·
Administrator
2,227 Posts
For an operating ATC in your car, you would need at least the dashboard wiring harness, controls and modules (if it could be done at all).
The only feasible way to do this would be to find a donor 200 that had the ATC and swap the parts over to yours.
The ATC is a 'system'. More than the individual parts & pieces.
Without a donor car, I don't see any way of reasonably installing ATC in your car.
It won't blow colder air than the MTC system that you have now. Glass tinting and a condenser spray pump might help with having a cooler interior.

Reactions: amin.zallaghi

·
Administrator
2,227 Posts
I have incuded the wiring diagrams for the MTC and ATC systems. Retrofitting an ATC system may be more than the parts and wiring. I wouldn't know where to get the proprietary software. Honestly, I think a swap between cars would just introduce more problems.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts