Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2015 200S 2.4. It has the 19" rims. Wheel bearings were replaced at 30,000 miles. Once again, I hear a droning at approximately 58 mph. This is exactly what the last wheel bearings did before they were replaced with Mopar bearings at the dealership. Car now has 58,000 miles on it. Has anyone else had problems with their wheel bearings failing prematurely? I've never had bearings go before 150k on any vehicle.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I haven't not yet had bearings go out on my 200c with the 19" and v6.

My ex though with her Dart and the 2.4 liter has had the bearings go out on same wheel twice within the first 75k miles.

Seems like this maybe a hit or miss kind of issue that Chrysler has. Not sure if it's the bearings when they are replaced or the way they are packed or not installed properly.

·
Super Moderator
2,437 Posts
There are plenty on here that have replaced them, but I've not seen anyone post with that few of miles. Mine need replaced 105K miles. Do you have the original wheels? What about the tires? Alignment? Sometimes tires can make noise by poor design (just loud tires) or under-inflation.

"Typically, you should check and maintain your wheel bearings every 25,000 to 30,000 miles. An average sealed wheel bearing lasts 85,000 to 100,000 miles although some can last as long as 150,000 miles"

-random web search

·
Registered
872 Posts
I replaced both of mine with Timken units. My car made a groaning noise on right banked turns on the highway almost since day one. When it finally got worse a couple of years ago I changed both front bearings and its been fine and quiet ever since. Not Cadillac quiet but the best FCA could do quiet :eek: Just turned 100K.

·
Super Moderator
1,821 Posts
Had one side replaced under the powertrain warranty. Haven't noticed any noise since. Tires play a large part in the noise transmitted inside the vehicle. After we switched out the worn, and very noisy Kumho tires, and replaced with Michelin's, the car is much quieter.
Just flipped over 100K.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Had one side replaced under the powertrain warranty. Haven't noticed any noise since. Tires play a large part in the noise transmitted inside the vehicle. After we switched out the worn, and very noisy Kumho tires, and replaced with Michelin's, the car is much quieter.
Just flipped over 100K.

How did you get them replaced under the powertrain warranty? I checked with 3 Chrysler dealers in Austin TX and all of them said they were not covered.

·
Registered
769 Posts
How did you get them replaced under the powertrain warranty? I checked with 3 Chrysler dealers in Austin TX and all of them said they were not covered.
I believe the 2015s had a 100000 power train warranty which was reduced for the 2016/17 models to 60000. That's my understanding.

·
Super Moderator
1,821 Posts
Possibly the dealer I used made a mistake, but I can only tell you what the service adviser told me.
I looked at my warranty manual and it doesn't specifically mention the wheel bearings, so your dealers may be correct.

BTW ... your profile doesn't say what year your 200 Touring is. Please add that when you get a chance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts