Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
I just ordered these from Amazon .... $35 for a set of 20 ...

AVNPerformance 12x1.25 Chrome Acorn Cone Seat Lug Bolts | 19mm Hex For Stock Wheels | 28mm Shank | Fit Most Jeep Fiat Dodge Dart

Capture.JPG

·
Super Moderator
2,403 Posts
I just ordered these from Amazon .... $35 for a set of 20 ...

AVNPerformance 12x1.25 Chrome Acorn Cone Seat Lug Bolts | 19mm Hex For Stock Wheels | 28mm Shank | Fit Most Jeep Fiat Dodge Dart

View attachment 54188
Did they come in yet?

Anyone here swap out their lug bolts for studs? Seems like you would have a lot better options with lug nuts and it would be easier/faster to change tires.

Would these work? You think safety is compromised?

https://www.lugnutguys.com/product/wheel-studs-as-cwa-6010175-10
I am sure they work, it would be safter to make sure they are torqued in properly and I would use some type of thread lock to be on the safe side, knowing that the wheel bearings would need replaced if there were damage to the studs or if you wanted to switch back.

I would stick with lug bolts, especially if you are sticking with the stock wheels, but that's me.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I would stick with lug bolts, especially if you are sticking with the stock wheels, but that's me.
Agree entirely, as someone who has been removing and replacing wheels with European style bolts instead of studs and nuts for several decades without problem, there is nothing wrong with the bolt system. The wheel can be hung and rotated to index the holes to the hub holes with no problem.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Did they come in yet?

As I mentioned in an earlier post, they do not ship to Canada. I had to order them to my US address in Lewiston NY. They arrived there and were picked up by my brother who lives close to the border. So, although they are now in Canada, I won't get them until I go down to visit him later this year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
shamrock249
Chrysler 200 Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Chrysler 200 owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about reviews, maintenance, upgrades, and more!
Full Forum Listing