Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
2,470 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Struts won't change ride height, springs will.
OEM parts are an important consideration. Each spring is assigned a sales code.
Although 'good', the aftermarket springs may try to cover too many bases and are not particularly tailored to your car.
The options list can be pulled up by VIN.
While they may no longer be in production, you may want to find a NOS rear pair, if possible.
What is your VIN?

An example using my own car's option list. The rear spring sales codes are ZSU* & ZDU*.
I look up the part #'s (these are from the 2012 Mopar catalog listing. 27 is the convertible, 41 is the sedan). In this case the left & right rear springs are the same part number :

Rectangle Newspaper Material property Font Eyelash

Rectangle Font Line Parallel Magenta

Font Line Music Parallel Engineering

I can look up the part number on Google and in this case, I found my Mopar OEM replacements on an ebay search:
Product Output device Font Automotive lighting Gadget

Now these are 'new' factory springs. They may have been boxed. They may have sat on a shelf for 10 years.
They haven't been under load. They should be like 'brand new' still.

Reactions: ggoose

·
Administrator
2,470 Posts
FYI. JS-bodies rear ends built before 3/20/2012 could act 'squirrely' on ice or in low traction situations. It felt like it would jump sideways in puddles or ice patches. Some cars were worse than others. The rear knuckles were changed.
After 3/20/2012, springs, shocks sway bar and jounce bumpers were replaced.
I always blamed tires or alignment. I guess that Chrysler determined that it was alignment, released some new rear suspension parts and changed the rear toe spec:

Font Number Screenshot Parallel Document

Font Screenshot Electric blue Parallel Number

·
Administrator
2,470 Posts
PM sent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts