Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 200 S with uconnect 8.4 touch screen just bought a week ago.
I am currently on ver 14X
I have downloaded the update and put the ISO on several different flash drives using FAT FAT32 and NTFS and it will not read anything.
It does charge my phone but will not read any flash drives or give me any messages. I have tried putting in RUN and ACC mode with same results.

Just wondering if anyone else is having this same issue. I did some research and could not find anything.
Thanks in advance.
Scott

·
Super Moderator
2,100 Posts
The dealer will perform the update for you, free.
If you don't want to travel to a dealership, you can read the instructions on the Uconnect website.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
I have downloaded the update and put the ISO on several different flash drives using FAT FAT32 and NTFS and it will not read anything.
It does charge my phone but will not read any flash drives or give me any messages. I have tried putting in RUN and ACC mode with same results.

Just wondering if anyone else is having this same issue. I did some research and could not find anything.
Thanks in advance.
Scott
Can it play music if you put some media on it? Your flash drive needs to be small to perform the update, formatted and preferably using FAT32. Only the swdl.iso file can be on the usb drive to perform the install, nothing else. Car must be in the run position and you can't touch anything during the install. It is straight forward.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It will not play music. It will only charge my phone. I have usb drive at FAT32 and only had the swdl.iso file on it. I would insert the usb and then without starting the car just put it into run and waited and nothing showed up. I then put a couple of mp3 files on it and then went to media and it just said Connect Device.

Maybe I need to take it to the service center.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Did you try putting a JPG file on the drive? I know it sounds stupid, but that is what I had to do to get my 2015 to accept the flash drive. It doesn't matter what jpg. I found this solution doing a search.

·
Registered
309 Posts
The other issue I had was the format on the flash drive. The instructions said it had to be FAT32 but I had to use NTFS (or vice versa, it's been a while)

The problem I still have is that when I use the flash drive to listen to music, it doubles all the song lists. there are 2 of every song, which is really annoying. When I plug the drive into a computer, it's fine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well they replaced the radio a second time. 1st one backup camera was not working. They replaced it again and USB is still not working. Will only charge.
They said it's a known issue and to wait for a software update.

I call BULLXXXX.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thanks in advance.
Scott
I had the same problem on 16. I switched out the displays cause I wanted the nav and apple play. I disconnected the battery and turned the key on so it drained all the stored amperage. Shut the key off re attach the battery then tapped once in each corner of the screen turned the key back on waited till all the lights in the dash turned off and started the car. Plugged in the isp and it started working.
Let me know if this doesn’t work for you.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
1,156 Posts
I agree. This is an old post, but good information.
If a software update fails or features aren't working after an update, the first thing to try is a reboot.
A 'soft' reboot should keep the preset memories in place. A 'hard' reboot (reset to factory defaults) may require re-entry of the preferences and presets after you are done. Try the soft boot (flash recovery) first.
You can check for Uconnect updates here:
Some Chrysler radio service bulletins below:

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts