Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This works exactly as advertised. Now I have WIRELESS CarPlay! This should be way more convenient for in and out trips where I can just leave my phone in my pocket. If I do a long trip and need navigation I can still plug it in to charge. Super easy to install. Perfect.
Car Vehicle Wheel Motor vehicle Steering wheel

·
Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
2,652 Posts
Read more about Carplay® here. It may not be a plug n' play installation & some features that you have now may be compromised.

You will need more than a 'dongle' to have Carplay® in a 200 as the current Uconnect media system won't support it.
Rectangle Font Hood Automotive design Auto part

Product Azure Rectangle Font Parallel

·
Registered
157 Posts
Took a look at the webpage and first of all as bad as the grammar is I'd be very hesitant to buy anything from there (probably badly translated from another language). Putting that aside it appears this device is meant to be an add on to Android based head units, which UConnect is not.

The only way I know of to get Carplay in the 200 is to do what I did and install an aftermarket head unit. None of the head units that come with the 200 support it. There were a few posters trying to get a newer UConnect head unit to work in the 200 but last I saw a post about it they were unable to.

Reactions: 200_S_AWD
1 - 3 of 3 Posts