Chrysler 200 Forum banner

World First Aftermarket In A 15/16 200 with RA1 radio (With parts and pics)

34K views 33 replies 13 participants last post by  Cj223 
#1 ·
Here you can follow my attempt to install a after-market stereo in my 2015 200 LX, which came with the RA1 radio from factory.
Electronics Technology Multimedia Vehicle Car

I have been told that there is no possible way to do this on this car. But just like with the 2013 I had, I will find a way! So this is the worlds 1st Aftermarket radio in a 2015 200 LX. That I can find.

First off you will need to order some parts. They are not cheap but maybe you can source them online cheaply. I prefer to pay now have now so I pay a premium for local stores.

1) The dash kit. There is no listed dash kit for the 2015 200LX, however after some searching you can use the Metra 95-6518-B Kit (See Pic). This just snaps onto the back of the factory bezel onto the factory clips, no screws, glue or cutting.
Magenta Material property Label

2) Canbus interface. Now there are a couple options here, PAC modules and metra both make a solution but its not available here. So I opted to go with the dat-alink Maestro Rr Model ADS-MRR (See Picture) And the iDat-alink Maestro CH3 harness. These were the most costly ( 199.99 For the module and 39.99 for the harness) This unit allows you to program what the steering wheel controls will do, and also interfaces with the obd2 part of our cars, allowing for realtime monitoring if your deck supports it.
Technology Electronic device

3) A double din deck. This can be any of your choice. I chose the Kenwood Excelon DDX393 Headunit. Got it for a good price, and it has all the car monitoring stuff i wanted.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Installation:

Its pretty straight forward. Pop off the dash trim around the radio. (see pic) The new dash piece just clips in no problem.
Vehicle Car Vehicle audio Technology Automotive exterior
Vehicle Grille Automotive exterior Car Technology

Remove 4 screws holding in the factory radio. 4 Phillips head screws.
Disconnect the harness its a lever system, so pop it up and lift. the whole harness wil release.
Disconnect the antenna.
The toughest part is here, you must cut the plastic to allow for your radio to fit. its all concealed and cant be seen unless you remove the radio.
As per the instructions provided with the Maestro RR connect the wires to the new radio harness. (See pic)
Electronics Technology Electronic device Computer hardware Electrical wiring

Connect antenna, and any other accessories (microphone, backup camera, usb cable)
As you can see It has all factory controls integrated, the evic still works, and even have options within the deck to adjust climate control, heated seats, parking assist, and more.
Vehicle audio Electronics Car Vehicle Multimedia
Electronics Vehicle audio Car Vehicle Multimedia
Vehicle audio Light Auto part Lighting Car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Center console Vehicle audio

Tomorrow i will wire in the backup camera, and the rest of the little things. then....
Done.

See less See more
#3 ·
amazing work and thanks for taking the time to do a writeup with the links, prices, ect! Im sure those with that radio from the factory will appreciate it!

#5 · (Edited)
Can't do a u connect easily.. As you can see from my photos. The LX has the volume knobs on the radio, not by the shifter. So if I went u connect I would only have steering wheel controls for volume. If that's not a concern I would go with the u connect if you can afford it. This was about 600$ total.. Vs over $1000+

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

#6 · (Edited)
Got the backup cam and the front cam installed today, will do the 360deg cameras tomorrow. What a challenge routing the wires outside the trunk lid, I would suggest removing the 4 torx screws located by the license plate bulbs and dropping the entire piece, lots of room to run camera wires.

On a side note with the interface i got, I am able to enable disable DRLs, Seatbelt chime, and other features i used to have to pay a dealer to enable or disable.

Reactions: bxcampbe
#10 ·
With the module I got, its gets programmed with usb. There are hundreds of settings for this car. You just select what options you have/or are adding and flash the module. Takes about 10 mins. Navi and video playback both work the same as stopped, as i bypassed the park brake sensor on the aftermarket deck. Climate control, heated seats, XM, park assist, EVIC, memory seats, and more..

here is a copy from the firmware page of what I am using.
STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS
Two Functions on Each Button

Standard and Expanded Radio Functions

VEHICLE SETTINGS
Access and Modify Vehicle Settings

NAVIGATION OUTPUTS
Accessory Power Output (15A)

Parking Brake Output

Reverse Light Output

Illumination Output

Vehicle Speed Pulse Output

Foot Brake Output

FACTORY AMPLIFIER
Amplifier Turn On

Speed Compensated Volume (Premium Audio)

Digital Fader (Premium Audio)

DSP Settings (Premium Audio)

Gain Adjustment (Premium Audio)

EVIC CLUSTER DISPLAY (IF EQUIPPED)
Source Name Display

Navigation Guidance Display

CLIMATE CONTROL
Climate Display and Control on Radio

VEHICLE INFO
Tire Pressure Display

Battery Voltage Display

Read/Reset Check Engine Codes

Door Open Status and Warning

GAUGES
User Selectable Gauges

Read/Reset Check Engine Codes

PARK ASSIST
Retain Park Assist Chimes

Distance Display on Screen

Keep in mind this is just a portion of options available, as I dont have heated wheel or seats in my car,

Reactions: SAC200
#11 ·
Only certain aftermarket radios will do these features.

Kenwood, JVC, Alpine and Pioneer all make models that support these features. If you want me to check a model number let me know.

#12 ·
are all those setting options from the interface module? because im hoping that I WONT have to get the same radio as you to utilize those features. I plan on getting the harness and the module and testing it out with my wifes kenwood. to include being able to not only adjust the volume from the wheel but also the power lock settings.

#18 ·
The maestro system is like none i have ever used before. I have tried the PAC module and the Axxess ones. None have the features that this unit has. When the guy at the store was programming it, he asked me a good 50 questions about my car and what options it has, and what I will be adding in the future. So it seems you can retain ALL factory settings and adjustments and more with this module, however your deck being able to control them all is another story.

#21 ·
I have a 2015 with the uconnect 5.0 4 speaker with Sirius. If I bought a aftermarket radio with NAV capability. Would I then be able to have NAV in the car? Would I have to add another antenna since I have the SAT antenna? I know the shark fin is a SAT antenna on bottom half and 3G on the top half.

#24 ·
If you have the fin, its plug and play. If you dont have the fin like myself, then you have to order one and add it or use the aftermarket antenna (For NAV)

Same for sat radio, if you have it you can plug oem antenna in, if not youll need aftermarket.

#29 ·
just look into the idatalink alca you can use the factory fob and you hit the lock button 3x. nice think is with this unit you can add a phone kit also. to start via app. i did this before and it was one of the best systems i had. i would use teh 3x lock buttom for short range starts, and the phone app for long range.

#30 ·
So I found similar info from my local car audio and yes this is possible using all of your accessories. I'll be installing myself to save money. My question is the only programming you did was through the usb/module? My 200 doesn't have those knobs for climate like mine so I wanted to make sure before I made my purchase. My fear is i'll hook it up but won't have my climate controls.

#32 ·
Auto will work if your aftermarket deck supports it. There are some out there. Mine came with a ambient temp probe to allow for auto functions.
Heated steering wheel also works fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.