Chrysler 200 Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have a 2013, V6 and really like it. Other than recalls and wear items, I have had only two problems. A toe in link in the rear and the Wireless control module went bad. I find the car is really reliable, but I only have just over 112,000 Km (68,750 miles) on the car. It gets reasonable gas mileage. I intend to keep it as long as I can. If by accident I had to replace the car, I would look for a 2014 with the same options.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Nope!

There is always something to fix every 6 months or so, most of which I did myself, here's the latest, see attachment.
CarMax MaxCare extended warranty is paying for it, cost me only $200 deductible.
I still have 2 years and 8 months of MaxCare warranty left, probably will get a Hyundai or most likely a Genesis in the future, G80 or GV70.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,437 Posts
I have a 2013, V6 and really like it. Other than recalls and wear items, I have had only two problems. A toe in link in the rear and the Wireless control module went bad. I find the car is really reliable, but I only have just over 112,000 Km (68,750 miles) on the car. It gets reasonable gas mileage. I intend to keep it as long as I can. If by accident I had to replace the car, I would look for a 2014 with the same options.
I miss my first gen's but - every time I think about getting another 1st gen in the future, I think of the improvements they made on the 2nd gen and AWD. Then again the first gen is less expensive and also less expensive to repair if it needs it, and can be tuned with a handheld tuner without physically altering the PCM or replacing it with one. :sneaky:

·
Super Moderator
2,437 Posts
First gen-YES...Second gen-NEVER
That's what I said in 2014 when all the people here with the second gen early builds were posting about transmission issues etc... then I got a loaner 2015 200 because my 13' was having something done- I don't even recall what... then after driving one for 3 or 4 days, I had to buy one against my better judgment - quote from me "never buy the first year of a new generation - you are just asking for it, none of the bugs are fully worked out"... I was right but I wouldn't change my mind if I could go back.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts